18.5.12

Always On Repeat: Charles Bradley.



I first saw Charles Bradley perform at the Independent in San Francisco. My roommate had seen him perform earlier in the year at Outside Lands and jumped at the chance to see him again. She convinced me to join in on the Tuesday night excursion and I reluctantly bought a ticket. I figured it would most likely be worth the $12 I paid. Boy was I wrong.

The man and his band brought down the house. Everyone in the crowd was movin'.  In the middle of the set he wandered down into the middle of the crowd to hug as many people as he could.  Mr. Bradley could not be more appreciative of the fact that his fans were there to see him perform.

A couple of months later, I was thrilled to find out that they were making a documentary about Charles Bradley, who by the way, was discovered at the age of 62.

If you ever have the chance to see him. GO.

 

Video 1 / Charles Bradley: Soul of America / Directed by Poull Brien / Produced by Alexander Brough

Video 2 / Charles Bradley / Lovin' You Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment